Saturday, July 02, 2005

Meeting the 'Val'

Ooop's, I'm sorry I couldn't update. I am now in Sydney for 2 nights and am back catching, writing this blog. I know that's not how it's supposed to be done, but ah well....

I happily survived my last day of work and as Roi drove me to Rachels work he dumped a notebook on my lap to remove the Virii and tidy up. I was still doing this as we arrived at rachels and then gave a couple of machines there a spruce up and then off to dinner at Sawadee (Thai restaurant) and off to Ajit's where we spent the night.

Ajikt got us up early in the morning and then off to Auckland airport and on to the first leg of the journey. It seemed funny to fly into Melbourne then off to Adelaide just to drive back again.

Picking up the car from Tony was great and Thomas and Nicholas seem to get on well. We popped into kmart and grabbed a Tow Rope, Jumper Leads, 1st Aid kit, Petrol can and so on... Then off to the birdwood motor museum. Yes, they do have a Valiant 2 door coupe, but the VF model.

Then we made Loxton by 8:30 and moved into a 2 Story luxury house with big soft beds and hot showers and had a great meal. This trip is taking off with a great start! And the car drive beautifully...

1 comment:

Neil said...

Point taken, Pages corrected.

We are having a great time. In Gunnedah we did some work on the old girl.
Tightened the drivers mirror
Moved the Aircond. control (to by the choke)
Shortened the drivers wiper blade
repositioned the battery wires and filled it

and yesterday in Goondiwindi I topped up the oil (only 1 litre was used from Adelaide to Queensland! Damn, I love this old car)